Welcome to The Windmill Practice
The practice aims to welcome people from all walks of life and address the needs in particular of those who are disadvantaged due to physical, mental and social problems. We have developed particular expertise in issues relating to homelessness, drug and alcohol abuse and asylum seekers and refugees.
We note the mention of our practice in the Nottingham Post last week relating to appointment data recently published.
We are working hard to meet the needs of our patients and have embraced different ways of working to serve you the best way that we can.
If you have any suggestions on access, you can join our Patient Participation Group by clicking the link further down this page and then clicking Join our patient participation group and filling in the brief form.
UPDATE ABOUT CURRENT DEMAND AND CAPACITY
23rd January 2023 - There are still a high number of calls and requests for appointments at the moment, we are gradually moving from Red alert to Amber alert.
Demand remains high and we are doing our best to help as many patients as possible whilst providing safe and effective care.
If you are struggling to get through to us on the phone to make an appointment and your query is non-urgent, you can contact us via the GP triage form of our website Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- NHS 111 online can tell you where to get help for your symptoms if you’re not sure what to do, how to find general health information and advice, where to get an emergency supply of your prescribed medicine and how to get a repeat prescription. You can also call NHS 111 to speak to a clinician and make bookings for urgent treatment centres and other services. The online and telephone services are available 24/7.
- If you have concerns about Strep A, please see the latest guidance at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/strep-a/
- Anyone who is in mental health distress should call the Mental Health Crisis Line: 0808 196 3779 – the helpline is open 24 hours a day.
- Pharmacists can help with over-the-counter advice and medication. Use the NHS search to find your nearest pharmacy.
- Despite the challenges faced, essential services remain fully open for anyone who needs them so if someone requires urgent medical help, they should continue to come forward.
Thank you, on behalf of The Windmill Practice
What is Group A Streptococcal Infection
Group A streptococcal infections: guidance and data - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Group A Streptococcus (GAS) are bacteria which can be found in the
nose, throat or on the skin without causing harm or infection. Sometimes
these bacteria can get into parts of the body where they are not usually
found, such as the blood, muscles or the lungs, and this can cause
DATES FOR STAFF TRAINING
Please note that we will be closed on the following afternoons for staff training from 12:30pm, we will reopen the following day from 7:30am, if you require help in an emergency please call 111 or 999.
The CityCare reception is unable to help with any enquiries when we are closed as they are not connected to the GP practice
Download the latest newsletter October
To receive future editions of the newsletter straight to your inbox sign up below.